1. What does the "BFM" acronym stand for?
Many things, but originally, it stood for Business FM, reflecting that we're a business radio station. However, over the years, we have refined our purpose to building a better Malaysia, and the current meanings that reflect this are "Building First-World Mindsets" and "Bribe-Free Malaysia".
2. How do I tune into BFM?
BFM can be heard on frequency 89.9MHz in Wilayah Persekutuan, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan and parts of Malacca. If you're outside of the Klang Valley, you can tune in via our live stream player: http://live.bfm.my
Other ways to tune into BFM:
- Subscribe to iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/my/podcast/bfm/id300148514?mt=2
- iOS App (iPhone) - http://bit.ly/BFM4Appstore
- Android App (Android 3.0 and above)- http://bit.ly/BFM4Android
3. Why are you not broadcasting beyond Greater KL?
We would love to, and have made applications for transmission frequencies for other market centres like Penang since 2009, but we are faced with regulatory intransigence. We think it's a shame that the great insights that our guests bring are not able to be shared more widely with Malaysians living outside Greater KL.
4. What programmes do BFM offer?
BFM applies its discourse-based approach to other programming areas such as entrepreneurship, health, fashion, the arts, sports and music, as well as to its executive education initiative, The BFM Business School, and to its digital magazine, The B-Side.
5. Where can I find out more about upcoming programmes?
A calendar listing of our upcoming programmes can be found here. For more information on each individual programme, please go to the PROGRAMMES tab and select your favourite programming cluster. Also, sign up for our weekly eNewsletters to receive highlights of our upcoming guests and interviews.
6. How do I launch the live player?
Via browser: Our live stream player is at the bottom of your screen. Click on 'Launch player' to launch the player separately. Alternatively, you can go to http://live.bfm.my
Via smartphone/tablet: Click on the 'Live player' link to listen.
7. I can’t launch the player, it keeps showing me an error.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our technical engineers will try to rectify the issue as soon as possible.
8. How do I search for podcasts and videos?
Click on Podcast tab at the top of our website. Click on Find Podcast, and choose between a keyword search (for example, by guest or company) or other advanced criteria e.g. programme name, industry area, subject matter or audio/video.
9. How do I download the podcast to listen offline?
You can download the podcast via the download icon indicated on the podcast page. Or you can right-click on the download icon > Save File As.
10. Can I share the podcast page with my friends?
You may share the podcast page with your friends via the social network sharing tools available on our podcast pages.
11. Can I download the podcast and embed it on my website?
You may embed the podcast on your website, and we appreciate it if you could credit the podcast source to BFM. Our podcasts are solely for non-commercial use. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for more details on our media.
12. The podcast link is not working, why so?
If the podcast link is not working or has an error, please contact us at email@example.com and we will try to rectify the issue as soon as possible.
13. Can I subscribe to your podcasts via iTunes?
Yes you can. Go to http://itunes.bfm.my.
14. I want to subscribe to your eNewsletter, how should I go about it?
You can subscribe to our eNewsletter via our subscription form. When we’ve received your subscription, you will receive an email notification from us.
15. What are the benefits of subscribing to our eNewsletter?
You will have access to upcoming interview highlights as well as the previous week’s podcasts that match your interests. You will also be the first to be informed of special BFM events via email.
16. I want to unsubscribe to your eNewsletter, how should I go about it?
Click on the 'Unsubscribe' link on the eNewsletter.
17. Where can I request for the BFM car stickers?
You can submit a car sticker request via our Merchandise page.
18. How do I contact BFM?
19. I want to arrange for an interview with BFM. How do I submit an interview request?
You can submit an interview request via our contact form. Please indicate the nature of your request as 'Radio Interview Request', and we will be in touch with you.
20. I am an advertiser, how do I request for a rate card?
You can submit a request via our contact form. Please indicate the nature of your request as 'Advertising/Rate Card Enquiries', and we will be in touch with you.
21. How can I suggest topics/ideas to BFM?
22. Do you have a YouTube channel?
Yes, our YouTube channel is http://video.bfm.my/
23. Does BFM have any social media presence?
24. I'm interested to apply for a position in BFM. Where do I go to see the latest career postings and how do I apply?
25. Does BFM have a smartphone/tablet app to download?
Yes, we have a iPhone app and one for Nokia. The Android version is being developed.
iOS (iPhone & iPad): https://itunes.apple.com/my/app/bfm-89.9/id439187381?mt=8
Nokia Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/179353?clickSource=search&pos=2
26. I am an indie musician. How do I send my demo to your station to be considered?
Email your demo to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and if your songs are suited for the station, our producers will be in touch with you.
27. Where can I get the playlist to your songs?
We are in the midst of setting up a Spotify account for our music programmes, stay tuned for any updates!