BFM is looking for dynamic, creative team players. If you like the challenge of working in a entrepreneurial environment where you are stimulated and challenged, please check out our open positions below to see if your background and experience would be a fit. Send your resume to email@example.com, and indicate the position you're applying for.
1. News Writer and Producer
We are looking for a news writer and producer to cover the news affecting Malaysian markets and minds.
- Draft news stories from wire services and online sources for on-air bulletins.
- Research news topics and call sources for comment, pull and edit clips and read the news on air.
- Develop a roster of contacts throughout Malaysia to draw upon for interviews and background.
- liaise with other news producers to air the most newsworthy stories and clips fit for broadcast.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Newswriter/Producer Candidate' in the Subject line.
2. Assistant Administrator Ad Traffic and Sales
BFM 89.9 is looking for an Assistant Administrator Ad Traffic and Sales. This role is to support the entire sales team in the efficient running of the ad traffic and sales operation.
- Enter sales orders into radio advertisement system (airwaves) and integrate airtime schedule with the radio broadcasting system (RCS).
- Ensure advertisements are successfully played on-air/online during appointed periods.
- Run advertisement reports for the management and support client requests for advertisement verification.
- Responding to and handling sales enquiries and referring these to the head of client services for further action.
- Handling client requests while the sales team is out of office.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports.
- Ensure payment of accounts receivables by clients in a timely manner.
- Support, co-ordinate and monitor sales team activities.
- Support, co-ordinate and monitor sales production activities.
- Understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate BFM’s positioning, aspirations and all its product offerings to the client.
- Provide high-level of professional sales administration and traffic management to the client and the sales team.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Assistant Administrator Ad Traffic and Sales' in the Subject line.
3. Programme Director/Manager, BFM Business School
BFM Business School is looking for a Programme Director or Manager to design and organise exceptional educational courses. The ideal candidate must have relevant experience in designing and organising educational courses with exceptional content. He/she must also be entrepreneurial, and have the aptitude to do sales and marketing.
- Research, ideate, and develop commercially viable, compelling and impactful educational programmes from inception to their execution.
- Identify and negotiate with faculty members and speakers.
- Plan and develop marketing strategy and campaign to promote programmes.
- Work with account managers to sell programmes.
- Liaise with any external partners, vendors and potential stakeholders.
- Conduct post-programme analysis, benchmarking of competition, and ensure high client satisfaction and retention and advocacy of BFM programmes.
- Manage budget and costings.
- The candidate must demonstrate superior skills in customer service, relationship management, and possess strong communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to lead and work in a team, and be detail-oriented and have a growth mindset.
- The candidate must be willing to work extended hours or weekends during programmes and events or to prepare for them.
- Experience in designing business or finance courses or workshops.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Programme Director/Manager, BFM Business School' in the Subject line.
If you're looking not only for solid work experience, but the opportunity to help make Malaysia a better place, then BFM 89.9 might be for you!
BFM interns don't make coffee or disappear into a copy room somewhere. They are fully integrated into Malaysia's only independent talk radio station from day one.
Interns for our signature Breakfast Grille Programme assist with financial and background research for high-profile interviews with Malaysia's top CEOs and opinion-makers. In the past they've undertaken special research projects, such as analysing BFM's coverage of education stories.
Other intern positions are tailored to the needs of the station, and fit the background, experience and interests of the intern. Examples might include a special project on micro sites, general production assistance for other business or arts/culture/health programming, or analysis of our sales strategy.
All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to listen to a range of BFM programming. Although the team is fun and work atmosphere casual, interns are expected to pull their weight. Desired intern attributes include, but aren't limited to: street smarts, a nose for good stories, persuasion skills, unbridled curiosity, a team spirit, a strong academic record, an analytical mind, punctuality and deadline orientation. Perks include frequent mamak visits with the team, opportunity to meet some of Malaysia's movers and shakers, non-stop snacks and a potential to make a difference.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com with the Subject line 'Internship Candidate'. In your cover letter, please specify the exact dates you would be available and indicate your top three preferences for programmes. Include why this content attracts you and what you can potentially contribute.
5. Morning Run Business Interns
The Morning Run, our flagship business show, is looking for a few good men and women with a head for business and an appetite for fun. For new grads, we offer significant training in business journalism for up to six months.
- You will assist the producers and presenters in providing the up-to-the-minute analysis and research required for a business news programme.
- A minimum three month commitment.
- Ability to work early.
- All economics, accounting, business, Law, Human Sciences, Politics, Actuarial Science or Maths students and recent grads welcome to apply.
- Research and analytical skills a must.
- Three references required.
- Teamwork orientation is key.
- An understanding of business terminology is helpful when reading analyst and market reports.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Morning Run Intern Candidate' in the Subject line.