BFM is looking for dynamic, creative team players. If you like the challenge of working in a entrepreneurial environment where you are stimulated and challenged, please check out our open positions below to see if your background and experience would be a fit. Send your resume to email@example.com, and indicate the position you're applying for.
1. Enterprise Trainee Producer
BFM's Enterprise - the show that provides the tools to help you in business - is looking for an exceptional producer to join their team.
- Research skills, to find the best guests Malaysia and the world have to offer.
- People skills, to persuade and prepare and to book, and confirm great guests.
- Organisational skills, to keep our daily show humming on schedule which include and not limited to editing interviews, podcasting, maintaining a database to social media updates.
- Writing skills for scripts and descriptors.
- Creativity, to continually generate new and fresh ideas; and.
- Self-discipline, to work independently and efficiently on all of the above.
The person should have:
- A university degree.
- Ideally some experience outside of academia in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent English and writing skills.
- Writing skills for scripts and descriptors.
- Has an interest and knowledge in business like the startup scene and technology; and
- Has an affinity for the Enterprise show.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Enterprise Trainee Producer' in the Subject line. The cover letter should outline why the candidate is an ideal fit for the programme and the station and suggest three ways they would improve the show if they were to join the team. As this is a multi-tasking role, she/he must be well organised, have a great attitude, flexible, work well in a team and can work fast.
3. Account Manager
BFM Sales is looking for a master persuader, who can help advance our sales and help promote the BFM brand amongst potential advertisers.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to achieve sales and profitability targets.
- Develop sales packages and collaterals including rate card, sponsorship and airtime packages, volume purchase incentives and loyalty incentives.
- Responding to and following up with sales enquiries and customer issues.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports.
- Develop sales proposals tailored to needs of customers, including accurate and timely pricing, and initiate and conduct presentations of the proposals.
- Ensure payment of accounts receivables by clients.
- Communicate the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the team, whilst setting proper client expectations.
- Understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate BFM’s positioning, aspirations and all its product offerings to the client.
- Provide high-level of professional account management to the client.
- Sales or media background.
- Curiosity, adaptability, creativity, character, independence and warmth.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Account Manager' in the Subject line.
If you're looking not only for solid work experience, but the opportunity to help make Malaysia a better place, then BFM 89.9 might be for you!
BFM interns don't make coffee or disappear into a copy room somewhere. They are fully integrated into Malaysia's only independent talk radio station from day one.
Interns for our signature Breakfast Grille Programme assist with financial and background research for high-profile interviews with Malaysia's top CEOs and opinion-makers. In the past they've undertaken special research projects, such as analysing BFM's coverage of education stories.
Other intern positions are tailored to the needs of the station, and fit the background, experience and interests of the intern. Examples might include a special project on micro sites, general production assistance for other business or arts/culture/health programming, or analysis of our sales strategy.
All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to listen to a range of BFM programming. Although the team is fun and work atmosphere casual, interns are expected to pull their weight. Desired intern attributes include, but aren't limited to: street smarts, a nose for good stories, persuasion skills, unbridled curiosity, a team spirit, a strong academic record, an analytical mind, punctuality and deadline orientation. Perks include frequent mamak visits with the team, opportunity to meet some of Malaysia's movers and shakers, non-stop snacks and a potential to make a difference.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line 'Internship Candidate'. In your cover letter, please specify the exact dates you would be available and indicate your top three preferences for programmes. Include why this content attracts you and what you can potentially contribute.
5. Morning Run Business Interns
The Morning Run, our flagship business show, is looking for a few good men and women with a head for business and an appetite for fun. For new grads, we offer significant training in business journalism for up to six months.
- You will assist the producers and presenters in providing the up-to-the-minute analysis and research required for a business news programme.
- A minimum three month commitment.
- Ability to work early.
- All economics, accounting, business, Law, Human Sciences, Politics, Actuarial Science or Maths students and recent grads welcome to apply.
- Research and analytical skills a must.
- Three references required.
- Teamwork orientation is key.
- An understanding of business terminology is helpful when reading analyst and market reports.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Morning Run Intern Candidate' in the Subject line.