BFM is looking for dynamic, creative team players. If you like the challenge of working in a entrepreneurial environment where you are stimulated and challenged, please check out our open positions below to see if your background and experience would be a fit. Send your resume to email@example.com, and indicate the position you're applying for.
1. Head of Events
BFM’s Events team needs a leader in every sense of the word. From event concept to sponsorship development to execution, this team lead will take charge and take on some of Malaysia’s most interesting events. From our signature events such as Enterprise Breakaway to Innovation@Work to niche topics, the Head of Events will innovate the format and content. Content curation and design will be your primary focus. We are not looking merely for a logistics guru or project manager, but a higher level thinker who can see beyond checklists and towards the strategic direction of the department. BFM's events reinforce the station's distinctive brand and positioning and this team led would set the standard.
- Conceptualise fresh and relevant events that appeal to our listeners as well as sponsors.
- Business development and relationship building with event partners.
- Listen regularly to BFM programming and make the connections between our shows and potential events.
- Draft programmes, undertake background research and pitch potential speakers and angles.
- Liaise with the Sales team on commercialisation possibilities for BFM events.
- Undertake marketing and promotion, including on social media, of events to our listeners and relevant public.
- Oversee budgets and ensure projects are run on time and under budget.
- Vendor management.
- Progressively responsible experience in managing events at a high-concept level in a Malaysian context.
- Be a regular listener of the station.
- Appreciate the role and value of potential sponsors.
- Team management experience.
- Liaise with the Sales team on commercialisation possibilities for BFM events.
- Resilience and self confidence to drive a conference agenda from inception to execution and to involve the relevant stakeholders along the way.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Head of Events' in the Subject line. Part-time candidates also will be considered.
2. Events Producer
The Events Producer will be responsible for the design, development and execution of all timely and relevant events which appeal to our listeners as well as entrepreneur-related programmes and outreach.
The role will encompass topic research, speaker acquisition, content development for new programmes and outreach. Our signature events include the Enterprise Breakaway and Innovation@Work.
The ideal candidate will have directly relevant experience in events and/or project management but also have the intellectual interest and capacity to develop innovative and engaging programmes from scratch. They will have the ability to engage and attract potential sponsors with exceptional content and speakers.
- Brainstorm ideas, and design programmes from inception to their execution into commercially viable events.
- Conceptualise the event by developing the programme, identifying the speakers, target audience and potential partners and sponsors within stipulated timelines.
- Plan and develop marketing campaign to promote events.
- Plan and manage the marketing and PR of events and entrepreneur programmes and outreach.
- Liaise with external partners and potential stakeholders.
- Manage event budget and costings.
- Liaise with the Sales team on business synergies.
- Lead the Events team from event inception to execution.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Events Producer' in the Subject line. Part-time candidates also will be considered.
3. Video Producer
Besides having technical knowledge, the producer must have creative knowledge. He/She has to work closely with presenters to produce different video formats. These formats are prepared for a variety of purposes, depending on the series (e.g.: Headlines, Uncensored, Kupas, Sekilas, etc).
- Sourcing ideas for new series.
- Recording interviews with 3 x DSLR cameras | 2 x Sony Pxw - x70.
- Video and audio editing.
- Manage simple graphic animation, manage field and studio production work and equipment maintenance.
- At least 2 years experience with knowledge of video production and post production.
- Excellent in handling editing software (Adobe Premiere / Audition / After Effects).
- Must have vast general knowledge.
- Must have a meticulous approach towards work and able to work with deadlines.
- Ability to present videos beautifully.
- Should be flexible and can perform under pressure.
- Passion for work is very essentia.l
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Video Producer' in the Subject line.
4. News Writer and Producer
We are looking for a news writer and producer to cover the news affecting Malaysian markets and minds.
- Draft news stories from wire services and online sources for on-air bulletins.
- Research news topics and call sources for comment, pull and edit clips and read the news on air.
- Develop a roster of contacts throughout Malaysia to draw upon for interviews and background.
- liaise with other news producers to air the most newsworthy stories and clips fit for broadcast.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Newswriter/Producer Candidate' in the Subject line.
5. Assistant Administrator Ad Traffic and Sales
BFM 89.9 is looking for an Assistant Administrator Ad Traffic and Sales. This role is to support the entire sales team in the efficient running of the ad traffic and sales operation.
- Enter sales orders into radio advertisement system (airwaves) and integrate airtime schedule with the radio broadcasting system (RCS).
- Ensure advertisements are successfully played on-air/online during appointed periods.
- Run advertisement reports for the management and support client requests for advertisement verification.
- Responding to and handling sales enquiries and referring these to the head of client services for further action.
- Handling client requests while the sales team is out of office.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports.
- Ensure payment of accounts receivables by clients in a timely manner.
- Support, co-ordinate and monitor sales team activities.
- Support, co-ordinate and monitor sales production activities.
- Understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate BFM’s positioning, aspirations and all its product offerings to the client.
- Provide high-level of professional sales administration and traffic management to the client and the sales team.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Assistant Administrator Ad Traffic and Sales' in the Subject line.
If you're looking not only for solid work experience, but the opportunity to help make Malaysia a better place, then BFM 89.9 might be for you!
BFM interns don't make coffee or disappear into a copy room somewhere. They are fully integrated into Malaysia's only independent talk radio station from day one.
Interns for our signature Breakfast Grille Programme assist with financial and background research for high-profile interviews with Malaysia's top CEOs and opinion-makers. In the past they've undertaken special research projects, such as analysing BFM's coverage of education stories.
Other intern positions are tailored to the needs of the station, and fit the background, experience and interests of the intern. Examples might include a special project on micro sites, general production assistance for other business or arts/culture/health programming, or analysis of our sales strategy.
All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to listen to a range of BFM programming. Although the team is fun and work atmosphere casual, interns are expected to pull their weight. Desired intern attributes include, but aren't limited to: street smarts, a nose for good stories, persuasion skills, unbridled curiosity, a team spirit, a strong academic record, an analytical mind, punctuality and deadline orientation. Perks include frequent mamak visits with the team, opportunity to meet some of Malaysia's movers and shakers, non-stop snacks and a potential to make a difference.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com with the Subject line 'Internship Candidate'. In your cover letter, please specify the exact dates you would be available and indicate your top three preferences for programmes. Include why this content attracts you and what you can potentially contribute.
7. Morning Run Business Interns
The Morning Run, our flagship business show, is looking for a few good men and women with a head for business and an appetite for fun. For new grads, we offer significant training in business journalism for up to six months.
- You will assist the producers and presenters in providing the up-to-the-minute analysis and research required for a business news programme.
- A minimum three month commitment.
- Ability to work early.
- All economics, accounting, business, Law, Human Sciences, Politics, Actuarial Science or Maths students and recent grads welcome to apply.
- Research and analytical skills a must.
- Three references required.
- Teamwork orientation is key.
- An understanding of business terminology is helpful when reading analyst and market reports.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Morning Run Intern Candidate' in the Subject line.