BFM is looking for dynamic, creative team players. If you like the challenge of working in a entrepreneurial environment where you are stimulated and challenged, please check out our open positions below to see if your background and experience would be a fit. Send your resume to email@example.com, and indicate the position you're applying for.
1. Events Lead
The Events Lead will be responsible for the design, development and execution of all timely and relevant events which appeal to our listeners as well as entrepreneur-related programmes and outreach.
The role will encompass topic research, speaker acquisition, content development for new programmes and outreach. Our signature events include the Enterprise Breakaway and Innovation@Work.
The ideal candidate will have directly relevant experience in events and/or project management but also have the intellectual interest and capacity to develop innovative and engaging programmes from scratch. They will have the ability to engage and attract potential sponsors with exceptional content and speakers.
- Brainstorm ideas, and design programmes from inception to their execution into commercially viable events.
- Conceptualise the event by developing the programme, identifying the speakers, target audience and potential partners and sponsors within stipulated timelines.
- Plan and develop marketing campaign to promote events.
- Plan and manage the marketing and PR of events and entrepreneur programmes and outreach.
- Liaise with external partners and potential stakeholders.
- Manage event budget and costings.
- Liaise with the Sales team on business synergies.
- Lead the Events team from event inception to execution.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Events Lead' in the Subject line.
2. Account Manager
BFM Sales is looking for a master persuader, who can help advance our sales and help promote the BFM brand amongst potential advertisers.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to achieve sales and profitability targets.
- Develop sales packages and collaterals including rate card, sponsorship and airtime packages, volume purchase incentives and loyalty incentives.
- Responding to and following up with sales enquiries and customer issues.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports.
- Develop sales proposals tailored to needs of customers, including accurate and timely pricing, and initiate and conduct presentations of the proposals.
- Ensure payment of accounts receivables by clients.
- Communicate the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the team, whilst setting proper client expectations.
- Understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate BFM’s positioning, aspirations and all its product offerings to the client.
- Provide high-level of professional account management to the client.
Requisite Competencies and Experience
- Sales or media background.
- Curiosity, adaptability, creativity, character, independence and warmth.
Interested candidates should send their CVs and a cover letter outlining what you have to contribute and your demonstrated results in your previous positions to email@example.com. Please put 'Sales Account Manager Candidate' in the subject line.
3. Business/Morning Run Presenter
Do you have a passion for business and management issues, and at least ten years experience in finance or financial journalism? We are looking for a presenter to anchor and produce our news and business programmes for the Morning Run.
- You would not only interview, but prepare research and dive deep into the business and market news of the day.
- We start early: our day starts at 5 am with an editorial meeting in the studio. You are off the air at 10am and how you structure your research and interview times is extremely flexible.
- Our listeners, business managers and professionals, must find you credible and authoritative regarding Malaysian business and markets. This means you need to know your CAGRs, EBITDAs and NTAs - familiarity with standard business language and reporting is a must.
- You should exude the values of BFM: professionalism, integrity and intellectual honesty.
- You must be a team player, willing to take on any and all tasks that need doing to produce a quality programme.
- A degree in business, finance, accounting or related disciplines is beneficial.
Please make the case in a cover letter why you would make an outstanding business presenter, and how you would help us ‘Build First-World Mindsets’ as a valued team member. Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Trainee Producer, Morning Run' in the Subject line.
4. News Producer/Presenter
We are looking for a news producer and presenter for the News and Current Affairs team to cover the news affecting Malaysian markets and minds.
- Draft news stories from wire services and online sources for on-air bulletins.
- Research news topics and call sources for comment, pull and edit clips and read the news on air.
- Develop a roster of contacts throughout Malaysia to draw upon for interviews and background.
- Liaise with other news producers to air the most newsworthy stories and clips fit for broadcast.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'News Producer/Presenter' in the Subject line.
If you're looking not only for solid work experience, but the opportunity to help make Malaysia a better place, then BFM 89.9 might be for you!
BFM interns don't make coffee or disappear into a copy room somewhere. They are fully integrated into Malaysia's only independent talk radio station from day one.
Interns for our signature Breakfast Grille Programme assist with financial and background research for high-profile interviews with Malaysia's top CEOs and opinion-makers. In the past they've undertaken special research projects, such as analysing BFM's coverage of education stories.
Other intern positions are tailored to the needs of the station, and fit the background, experience and interests of the intern. Examples might include a special project on micro sites, general production assistance for other business or arts/culture/health programming, or analysis of our sales strategy.
All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to listen to a range of BFM programming. Although the team is fun and work atmosphere casual, interns are expected to pull their weight. Desired intern attributes include, but aren't limited to: street smarts, a nose for good stories, persuasion skills, unbridled curiosity, a team spirit, a strong academic record, an analytical mind, punctuality and deadline orientation. Perks include frequent mamak visits with the team, opportunity to meet some of Malaysia's movers and shakers, non-stop snacks and a potential to make a difference.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line 'Internship Candidate'. In your cover letter, please specify the exact dates you would be available and indicate your top three preferences for programmes. Include why this content attracts you and what you can potentially contribute.
6. Morning Run Business Interns
The Morning Run, our flagship business show, is looking for a few good men and women with a head for business and an appetite for fun. For new grads, we offer significant training in business journalism for up to six months.
- You will assist the producers and presenters in providing the up-to-the-minute analysis and research required for a business news programme.
- A minimum three month commitment.
- Ability to work early.
- All economics, accounting, business, Law, Human Sciences, Politics, Actuarial Science or Maths students and recent grads welcome to apply.
- Research and analytical skills a must.
- Three references required.
- Teamwork orientation is key.
- An understanding of business terminology is helpful when reading analyst and market reports.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Morning Run Intern Candidate' in the Subject line.