Malindo Air takes to the Skies
Chandran Rama Muthy, Malindo Air
You can share this podcast by copying this HTML to your clipboard and pasting into your blog or web page.
Malindo Air's CEO Chandran Rama Muthy comes on the Breakfast Grille to talk about the latest airline to take to the skies in Malaysia. Part of Indonesia's Lion Group, Malindon says what makes it different from the rest is that it is a "hybrid" airline, which offers low cost carrier fares but with full cost carrier frills. However, the landscape has remained tough for the airlines and the task is for Malindo Air to stand apart from its competitors. He also talks about:
- The plan to add another 10 planes to the existing 2 in its current fleet by the end of this year. At the moment, Malindo flies to Kuching and Kota Kinabalu, but its planning to expand to 12 destinations by the end of 2013, which includes Sibu and Miri as well as India.
- He also talks about leveraging off Lion Group's other airlines and the synergies between;
- He also says that the feedback for the maiden flights has been good;
- He addresses the fact that the Malindo's website went down in initial stages but says that improvements have been put in place to make sure it does not happen again;
- He says its still early days yet in the airline to talk about whether they will meet their goal to break even by the end of the year.
Dr. Richard Bonato, Psychologist and Sleep Disorder Expert
Ali Johan & Daryl Ong
Fred Kent, Founder, Project for Public Places
Alexandra Wong, Columnist and writer