US Elections: Florida, the Bellwether State
Florida is the quintessential swing state, in that it can be won by either the Democrats or Republicans. President Trump carried the state in 2016 on the back of the senior vote, and Republicans also have sizeable support within the Latino community. But with Trump’s pandemic record under scrutiny, can he win Florida this time around? Today on the show, we’re featuring voices from the Sunshine State, and focusing on two of the key demographics that will be decisive in determining whether the state flips red or blue.
- Professor Brian Fonseca, Director of the Institute for Public Policy, Florida International University
- Armando Ibarra, President, Miami Young Republicans
- John McHenry, Vice-President, North Star Opinion Research
- Dionne Polite, Director of State Operations in Florida, American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- Anthony Man, Political Reporter, Sun Sentinel
Image Credit: StratosBril / Shutterstock.com
Produced by: Shazana Mokhtar
Presented by: Shazana Mokhtar
Download the BFM mobile app. Stay at home and stay up-to-date.