Keeping Companies and Governments Honest
David Webb, Webb-site
You can share this podcast by copying this HTML to your clipboard and pasting into your blog or web page.
David Webb, the Corporate and Economic Governance Activist and Founder of Webb-site, discuss:
- Chosen career path;
- Conflict between the commercial and regulatory roles of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange;
- Arguments for a super regulatory authority to assume the oversight role;
- Fight for improved investor representation on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange;
- Hong Kong is - trying to extend legal culpability over financial advisors to an IPO;
-Role as independent non-executive director on HKSE;
- HK - voted among Asia’s best-governed exchanges - whether contradiction;
- Role of INEDs - necessity elected by independent shareholders;
- Big government in HK - whether violates principle of "big market, small government;
- Poll voting and Project Poll- Family owned structures - governance concerns - Related Party Transactions;
- His annual Christmas share tip.
This and more than 60,000 other podcasts in your hand. Download the all new BFM mobile app.