Britain Rekindles Ties With Asia
Rt Honorable Hugo Swire, UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
You can share this podcast by copying this HTML to your clipboard and pasting into your blog or web page.
The Right Honorable Hugo Swire MP, British Minister of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, joins us on the breakfast grille.
He visited Malaysia in June as part of a tour of the region and launched the Malaysia UK Alumni programme during his visit.
- Britain's recent increased interest in the region
- the significance of the Malaysian consortium redeveloping the Battersea Power Station
- whether the UK feels threatened by the increased participation in the country by foreign entities
- why the UK is appealing to investors
- whether the UK's importance in the world is waning
- Mr Swire's key takeaways from his visit to the region
- strengthening ties between Malaysia and the UK through the alumni community
- whether the UK's current immigration policy will affect student numbers
- his views on the ASEAN Economic community
This and more than 60,000 other podcasts in your hand. Download the all new BFM mobile app.
Tags: asean, uk, bilateral trade, education