Hovid Gets Back on its Feet
David Ho, Hovid Bhd
You can share this podcast by copying this HTML to your clipboard and pasting into your blog or web page.
David Ho, the managing director for Hovid Bhd, comes on the Breakfast Grille to talk about the company on year on after the lifting of its PN17 status. The company is finding itself on firmer footing, and talks about Hovid's turnaround and what is the outlook for the year. He also talks about:
- The outlook for Hovid as it builds on its pharmaceutical business. David talks about the upcoming "patent cliff" where generic drug makers are expected to benefit;
- He also talks about shaking off the legacy of unit Carotech Bhd, which at first was seen as sexier compared to Hovid's more traditional business. Carotech suffered during the financial crisis and the cross-default of loans also brought down the parent Hovid;
- He expects this clear up any fallout from the Carotech issue this year;
- He says that growth should be about 10% this year in terms of topline, and about their products in the pipeline;
- He also talks about Hovid's capital expansion plans, and the possibility of setting up a manufacturing facility overseas within the next two years.
Download the BFM mobile app. Stay at home and stay up-to-date.