BFM is looking for dynamic, creative team players. If you like the challenge of working in a entrepreneurial environment where you are stimulated and challenged, please check out our open positions below to see if your background and experience would be a fit. If you have professional broadcast experience, please send us your resume and let us know how you might contribute, to email@example.com.
Current open positions:
Business Producers and Presenters
Do you have a passion for business and management issues, and at least ten years' experience in finance or financial journalism? We are looking for presenters and producers to anchor and produce our news and business programmes. The selection criteria is simple. Our listeners, business managers and professionals, must like, perhaps even love, you. Our business audience is not easy to please. They want a personality who is credible in business and financial matters. This means you need to know your CAGRs EBITDA and NTAs. Not that we are into jargon, but familiarity with the business terms of the world is a must.
Our business audience also wants a credible product. They are well travelled and well educated, so they can spot fakes a mile away. You should exude the values of BFM: professionalism, integrity and intellectual honesty. Your energy will infect our business audience as they drive to work in the mornings, prepping them up for a productive business day.
The job of a video producer includes conceptualising, recording, editing, planning and distributing video interviews.
Besides, having technical knowledge, the producer must have creative knowledge. He/she has to work closely with presenters to produce different video formats. These formats are prepared for a variety of purposes depending on the series (Eg: Uncensored, Battle For Malaysia, Spotlight, Tech Attack, Bootlegs)
- Sourcing ideas for new series'
- Recording interviews with 3 x DSLR cameras
- Video editing
- Audio editing
- Manage field and studio production work
- Equipment maintenance
- Publish eight video’s or more per week
- At least 2 year’s experience with knowledge of video production and post production
- Excellent in handling editing softwares (Final Cut Pro X and Cubase/Audacity/Audition)
- Must have vast general knowledge.
- Must have a meticulous approach towards his/her work.
- Must be able to work in deadline.
- Ability to present videos beautifully. He/she should possess creative knowledge.
- Should be flexible and can perform under pressure.
- Passion for work is very essential. The work may apparently seem tedious and time taking. Hence, if you want to work in this field, you must be a creative person. You should be willing to present the video in the best possible manner.
A video producer works in both indoor and outdoor environment. The shooting can be done in the indoor studio or at an outdoor location.
For reference of all our video's, go to youtube.com/bfmvdo
Conference Producer/Event Organiser
The Event Producer will be responsible for the development and execution of timely and relevant events in the marketplace.
- Conduct research and analyse the feasibility of potentially commercially viable events
- Develop the event programme, identify speakers, target audience and potential partners and sponsors
- Recruit and liaise with appropriate speakers
- Plan and develop marketing campaign to promote events
- Write promotional copy for marketing and PR purposes
- Manage event budget and costings
- Manage event registration, pre-event preparation/logistics and on-site event management
Requisite Competencies and Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint; internet savvy
- An understanding of business trends and a flair for research and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Highly organized and deadline-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- A team player and creative thinker
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. At least one year’s experience in similar or project management capacity.
BFM is looking for an experienced IT professional.
The Web Developer is responsible for the creation of site layout/User Interface from design concept by using standard HTML/CSS practices. This individual would also be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of existing sites and in-house applications.
Required competencies and experience:
- Operates effectively as an individual and in a team.
- Ability to write efficient code with documentation, as well as being able to read code written by others.
- A good understanding of web application development process, from the layout/User Interface to relational database structures.
- Up to date with advances in computer technology and how it affects the business environment.
- Possesses creativity, adaptability and imagination.
Only serious candidates with this specific experience need apply.
News Writer and Producer
Business FM 89.9, Malaysia's only business radio station, is looking for a news writer and producer to cover the news affecting Malaysian markets and minds.
- Draft news stories from wire services and online sources for on-air bulletins.
- Research news topics & call sources for comment.
- Pull and edit clips and read the news on air.
- Develop a roster of contacts throughout Malaysia to draw upon for interviews and background.
- Produce and liaise with other news producers to air the most newsworthy clips fit for broadcast.
Required competencies and experience:
- Ideally at least two years reporting/producing experience covering business, sports and/or general news.
- Should possess a lively curiosity, outgoing personality and a hunger to break a story.
- A keen news sense for what is moving the markets, sports and general news. You will not only follow the news cycle, you will help set it.
- A willingness to be coached and a team player mentality.
- An outstanding standard of spoken and written English - no exceptions.
Every year BFM offers a limited number of production internships with highly qualified students or recent graduates. To be considered for these 2-4 month internships, please send us your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'Internship Candidate' in the subject line. These internships offer limited remuneration.