BFM is looking for dynamic, creative team players. If you like the challenge of working in a entrepreneurial environment where you are stimulated and challenged, please check out our open positions below to see if your background and experience would be a fit. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the position you're applying for.
1. News Writer and Producer
We are looking for a news writer and producer to cover the news affecting Malaysian markets and minds.
- Draft news stories from wire services and online sources for on-air bulletins.
- Research news topics and call sources for comment, pull and edit clips and read the news on air.
- Develop a roster of contacts throughout Malaysia to draw upon for interviews and background.
- liaise with other news producers to air the most newsworthy stories and clips fit for broadcast.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Newswriter/Producer Candidate' in the Subject line.
2. Events and Entrepreneur Programme Development Manager
The Events and Entrepreneur Programme Development Manager will be responsible for the design, development and execution of all timely and relevant events which appeal to our listeners as well as entrepreneur-related programmes and outreach.
The role will encompass topic research, speaker acquisition, content development for new programmes and outreach as well as overall management of the events team. Our signature events include the Enterprise Breakaway and the Global Malaysia Series.
The ideal candidate will have directly relevant experience in events and/or project management but also have the intellectual interest and capacity to develop innovative and engaging programmes from scratch. They will have the ability to engage and attract potential sponsors with exceptional content and speakers.
- Brainstorm ideas, and design programmes from inception to their execution into commercially viable events.
- Conceptualise the event by developing the programme, identifying the speakers, target audience and potential partners and sponsors within stipulated timelines.
- Plan and develop marketing campaign to promote events.
- Plan and manage the marketing and PR of events and entrepreneur programmes and outreach.
- Liaise with external partners and potential stakeholders.
- Manage event budget and costings.
- Oversee a talented team of events producers.
- Liaise with the Sales team on business synergies.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Events Position' in the Subject line.
3. Broadcast Technician
BFM 89.9 is looking for an experienced broadcast technician. A degree is preferred but not required. Real world experience at a broadcast organisation is key.
Desired attributes include a proactive, team-oriented approach and the willingness to go the extra mile, as we are on the air around the clock. Familiarity with the RCS system is highly desirable.
- Check equipment to ensure it is operating properly (antennas, remote controls and auxiliary power units, for example
- Read schematics and technical drawings.
- Study reports and talk to equipment operators to get details of problems.
- Replace faulty wiring and terminals, and re-solder connections.
- Find and replace faulty assemblies and parts (such as capacitors, transistors, integrated circuits, printed circuit boards and transformers).
- Use electronic test equipment to check output power, frequency and modulation.
- Assist with building, installing and adjusting new equipment.
- Set up and operate portable field transmission outside studio.
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Set-up, operate, and maintain broadcast station computers and networks.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Technician Candidate' in the Subject line.
BFM is looking for a few good interns year-round, for a minimum of three months. Requirements include a familiarity with our programming, curiosity, fresh ideas, enthusiasm, initiative and a track record of follow-through. We are also looking to proactively partner up with local universities to select the best students in journalism and other more non-traditional studies, and to match them with programmes which match their interests and passions.
At any given time we might have internships in news, longer-form programmes, production, events and sales. BFM also has the need for longer-term interns on a part-time basis, two or three days a week for at least four months. Students still at university are especially encouraged to apply.
Intern candidates specifically desired for Weekend programming. Candidates with an interest in travel and fashion particularly encouraged. Please discuss, in this case, your background and interest in your cover letter.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line 'Internship Candidate'. In your cover letter, please specify the exact dates you would be available and indicate your top three preferences for programmes. Include why this content attracts you and what you can potentially contribute.