BFM is looking for dynamic, creative team players. If you like the challenge of working in a entrepreneurial environment where you are stimulated and challenged, please check out our open positions below to see if your background and experience would be a fit. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the position you're applying for.
1. Broadcast Technician
BFM 89.9 is looking for an experienced broadcast technician. A degree is preferred but not required. Real world experience at a broadcast organisation is key.
Desired attributes include a proactive, team-oriented approach and the willingness to go the extra mile, as we are on the air around the clock. Familiarity with the RCS system is highly desirable.
- Check equipment to ensure it is operating properly (antennas, remote controls and auxiliary power units, for example
- Read schematics and technical drawings.
- Study reports and talk to equipment operators to get details of problems.
- Replace faulty wiring and terminals, and re-solder connections.
- Find and replace faulty assemblies and parts (such as capacitors, transistors, integrated circuits, printed circuit boards and transformers).
- Use electronic test equipment to check output power, frequency and modulation.
- Assist with building, installing and adjusting new equipment.
- Set up and operate portable field transmission outside studio.
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Set-up, operate, and maintain broadcast station computers and networks.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Technician Candidate' in the Subject line.
BFM is looking for a few good interns year-round, for a minimum of three months. Requirements include a familiarity with our programming, curiosity, fresh ideas, enthusiasm, initiative and a track record of follow-through. We are also looking to proactively partner up with local universities to select the best students in journalism and other more non-traditional studies, and to match them with programmes which match their interests and passions.
At any given time we might have internships in news, longer-form programmes, production, events and sales. BFM also has the need for longer-term interns on a part-time basis, two or three days a week for at least four months. Students still at university are especially encouraged to apply.
Intern candidates specifically desired for Weekend programming. Candidates with an interest in travel and fashion particularly encouraged. Please discuss, in this case, your background and interest in your cover letter.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line 'Internship Candidate'. In your cover letter, please specify the exact dates you would be available and indicate your top three preferences for programmes. Include why this content attracts you and what you can potentially contribute.