BFM is looking for dynamic, creative team players. If you like the challenge of working in a entrepreneurial environment where you are stimulated and challenged, please check out our open positions below to see if your background and experience would be a fit. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the position you're applying for.
1. Sound Engineer
The Commercial Services team is looking for a talented, creative and team-oriented sound engineer. This role will cover a range of services to our clients as well as our programmes.
The role will encompass topic research, speaker acquisition, content development for new programmes and outreach. Our signature events include the Enterprise Breakaway and Innovation@Work.
- Produce creative and high quality ads and promos, and provide support to the producers for sound effects and music.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with Sales and producers to improve the standard of our house ads and commercial projects.
- Complete production work within pre-agreed timelines.
- Take the initiative in suggesting and producing new ads without being asked.
- Build on in-house briefs to create better ads than envisaged.
- A diploma or professional degree in sound engineering.
- Mastery of editing software and advanced knowledge of recording.
- A demonstrated track record of working cooperatively and proactively in a team for at least two years.
- Strong recommendations and referrals from previous clients.
- A portfolio of past commercial work.
- Knowledge of BFM, our programmes and our music, as a listener.
- Malaysian nationality or work permit.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Events Producer' in the Subject line. Part-time candidates also will be considered.
2. Assistant Administrator Ad Traffic and Sales
BFM 89.9 is looking for an Assistant Administrator Ad Traffic and Sales. This role is to support the entire sales team in the efficient running of the ad traffic and sales operation.
- Enter sales orders into radio advertisement system (airwaves) and integrate airtime schedule with the radio broadcasting system (RCS).
- Ensure advertisements are successfully played on-air/online during appointed periods.
- Run advertisement reports for the management and support client requests for advertisement verification.
- Responding to and handling sales enquiries and referring these to the head of client services for further action.
- Handling client requests while the sales team is out of office.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports.
- Ensure payment of accounts receivables by clients in a timely manner.
- Support, co-ordinate and monitor sales team activities.
- Support, co-ordinate and monitor sales production activities.
- Understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate BFM’s positioning, aspirations and all its product offerings to the client.
- Provide high-level of professional sales administration and traffic management to the client and the sales team.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Assistant Administrator Ad Traffic and Sales' in the Subject line.
If you're looking not only for solid work experience, but the opportunity to help make Malaysia a better place, then BFM 89.9 might be for you!
BFM interns don't make coffee or disappear into a copy room somewhere. They are fully integrated into Malaysia's only independent talk radio station from day one.
Interns for our signature Breakfast Grille Programme assist with financial and background research for high-profile interviews with Malaysia's top CEOs and opinion-makers. In the past they've undertaken special research projects, such as analysing BFM's coverage of education stories.
Other intern positions are tailored to the needs of the station, and fit the background, experience and interests of the intern. Examples might include a special project on micro sites, general production assistance for other business or arts/culture/health programming, or analysis of our sales strategy.
All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to listen to a range of BFM programming. Although the team is fun and work atmosphere casual, interns are expected to pull their weight. Desired intern attributes include, but aren't limited to: street smarts, a nose for good stories, persuasion skills, unbridled curiosity, a team spirit, a strong academic record, an analytical mind, punctuality and deadline orientation. Perks include frequent mamak visits with the team, opportunity to meet some of Malaysia's movers and shakers, non-stop snacks and a potential to make a difference.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com with the Subject line 'Internship Candidate'. In your cover letter, please specify the exact dates you would be available and indicate your top three preferences for programmes. Include why this content attracts you and what you can potentially contribute.
4. Morning Run Business Interns
The Morning Run, our flagship business show, is looking for a few good men and women with a head for business and an appetite for fun. For new grads, we offer significant training in business journalism for up to six months.
- You will assist the producers and presenters in providing the up-to-the-minute analysis and research required for a business news programme.
- A minimum three month commitment.
- Ability to work early.
- All economics, accounting, business, Law, Human Sciences, Politics, Actuarial Science or Maths students and recent grads welcome to apply.
- Research and analytical skills a must.
- Three references required.
- Teamwork orientation is key.
- An understanding of business terminology is helpful when reading analyst and market reports.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Morning Run Intern Candidate' in the Subject line.