By the Book: A Sense of Place
You can share this podcast by copying this HTML to your clipboard and pasting into your blog or web page.
We commemorate the declaration of Malacca as a historical city by exploring books that put a sense of place front and centre, creating and describing cities that are rich, palpable and detailed. Picks include Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities, Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children, and Neil Gaiman's American Gods. Books discussed:
1. Invisible Cities - Italo Calvino
2. A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
3. Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie
4. Down and Out in Paris and London - George Orwell
5. American Gods - Neil Gaiman
6. A History of the World in 100 Objects - Neil MacGregor
7. The Sum of Our Follies - Shih-Li Kow
Produced by: Lee Chwi Lynn, Sharmilla Ganesan
Presented by: Lee Chwi Lynn, Sharmilla Ganesan
This and more than 60,000 other podcasts in your hand. Download the all new BFM mobile app.