BFM 89.9

HIGHLIGHTS 
Podcast  >  Morning Run  >  Morning Brief  >  Protests and Riots in Indonesia over Election Results

Protests and Riots in Indonesia over Election Results

Alden Iswanto, Analyst, KRA Group

23-May-19 07:30

Protests and Riots in Indonesia over Election Results

General Elections Commission announced that President Joko Widodo has retained his presidency for a second term after winning  55.5 percent of the national vote while his main challenger Prabowo Subianto had the remaining 44.5 percent.

A riot broke out as a result of public rallies to protest against the official results, where Prabowo has alleged irregularities in the conduct of the election.

We speak to Alden Iswanto, Analyst, KRA Group to get a better understanding of the situation.

Presented by: Lyn Mak, Sharidz Abdullah, Khoo Hsu Chuang


This and more than 60,000 other podcasts in your hand. Download the all new BFM mobile app.

Categories:  PoliticsLaw and Legal MattersSocial IssuesInvestments

Tags:  IndonesiaelectionsJoko WidodoprotestsPrabowo Subianto





Play / Pause

Listen now : A Bit of Culture: Travel Broadens The Mind - Or Does It?;...

Today’s Shows



6:00 AM

The 6AM Stretch

7:00 AM

World Market Watch

Tim Mulholland, President, TJM Limited, Chicago

7:15 AM

Morning Brief

7:30 AM

Morning Brief

Vandana Hari, Founder & CEO, Vanda Insights

7:45 AM

Morning Brief

Pankaj C. Kumar, Financial Market Columnist

8:00 AM

The Breakfast Grille

Ngan Teng Ye, President, The KL & Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall

8:30 AM

Morning Brief

Ibrahim Suffian, Programme Director, Merdeka Centre

8:45 AM

Morning Brief

Richard McGregor, Senior Fellow, Lowy Institute

9:00 AM

Opening Bell

9:15 AM

Opening Bell

9:35 AM

What's the Focus

10:05 AM

Open For Business

Mah Jun Kit, Founder and CEO, BioLoop Sdn Bhd

11:05 AM

Mattsplained

Matt Armitage, Founder, Kulturpop

12:00 PM

Enterprise Explores

Michael Bachman, Head of Architecture and AI Strategy, Boomi

1:00 PM

The Breakfast Grille Repeat

Guest: Ngan Teng Ye, President, The KL & Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall

2:05 PM

Front Row

Beethoven: His Romance and Fire, Lee Kok Leong, Conductor, klpac Orchestra | Lee Hai Lin, Concertmaster, klpac Orchestra

2:25 PM

Front Row

Unquiet Thoughts, Scott Woo, Director, Tenor, VerSeS Music Ensembles | YS Tang, classical guitarist

3:05 PM

Good Things

Wong Kui Kui’s Journey From Stateless to Malaysian, Wong Kui Kui, Former Stateless Person

4:05 PM

Health & Living

Doctor in the House: Disability Days - Are We Getting Anywhere in Advancing Disability Rights? Dr George Lee, Consultant Urologist | Dato' Dr Amar-Singh HSS, Consultant Paediatrician

5:00 PM

The Evening Edition

7:05 PM

The Evening Edition

7:30 PM

Just For Kicks

Bob Holmes, Dez Corkhill, Giancarlo Gallifuoco

9:00 PM

A Bit of Culture

Travel Broadens The Mind - Or Does It?; Kam Raslan | Julian Yap | Vernon Adrian Emuang