BFM is looking for dynamic, creative team players. If you like the challenge of working in a entrepreneurial environment where you are stimulated and challenged, please check out our open positions below to see if your background and experience would be a fit. Send your resume to email@example.com, and indicate the position you're applying for.
1. Digital Marketer
BFM is looking for a Digital Marketer to join the Digital team.
- Design social media strategies to achieve marketing targets.
- Manage, create and publish original, high quality content.
- Administer all company social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content.
- Propose, create and distribute sponsored content articles.
- Liaise with teams to ensure content is up-to-date, informative, and appealing.
- Facilitate client-company communication (respond to queries, get reviews and organize chats and Q&A session
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on web traffic and ROI.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Communicate with industry professionals via social media to create a strong network.
- Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy.
- Support the BFM branding, its programmes, editorial content, and events via social media presence.
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices, understand the newest trends or changes and be fast to adapt.
- Proven work experience as a Digital Marketer or Social Media Editor/Manager.
- Hands-on experience using social media for brand awareness and reach.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them.
- Familiarity with web design and publishing.
- Excellent multitasking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualifications in Mass Communications, Marketing or relevant field.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Digital Marketer' in the Subject line.
2. Business/Morning Run Presenter
We currently do not have an opening for the role, however if you have a passion for business and management issues, and at least ten years experience in finance or financial journalism, please do submit your CV for us to keep in touch.
- You would not only interview, but prepare research and dive deep into the business and market news of the day.
- We start early: our day starts at 5 am with an editorial meeting in the studio. You are off the air at 10am and how you structure your research and interview times is extremely flexible.
- Our listeners, business managers and professionals, must find you credible and authoritative regarding Malaysian business and markets. This means you need to know your CAGRs, EBITDAs and NTAs - familiarity with standard business language and reporting is a must.
- You should exude the values of BFM: professionalism, integrity and intellectual honesty.
- You must be a team player, willing to take on any and all tasks that need doing to produce a quality programme.
- A degree in business, finance, accounting or related disciplines is beneficial.
Please make the case in a cover letter why you would make an outstanding business presenter, and how you would help us ‘Build First-World Mindsets’ as a valued team member. Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Trainee Producer, Morning Run' in the Subject line.
If you're looking not only for solid work experience, but the opportunity to help make Malaysia a better place, then BFM 89.9 might be for you!
BFM interns don't make coffee or disappear into a copy room somewhere. They are fully integrated into Malaysia's only independent talk radio station from day one.
Interns for our signature Breakfast Grille Programme assist with financial and background research for high-profile interviews with Malaysia's top CEOs and opinion-makers. In the past they've undertaken special research projects, such as analysing BFM's coverage of education stories.
Other intern positions are tailored to the needs of the station, and fit the background, experience and interests of the intern. Examples might include a special project on micro sites, general production assistance for other business or arts/culture/health programming, or analysis of our sales strategy.
All potential applicants are strongly encouraged to listen to a range of BFM programming. Although the team is fun and work atmosphere casual, interns are expected to pull their weight. Desired intern attributes include, but aren't limited to: street smarts, a nose for good stories, persuasion skills, unbridled curiosity, a team spirit, a strong academic record, an analytical mind, punctuality and deadline orientation. Perks include frequent mamak visits with the team, opportunity to meet some of Malaysia's movers and shakers, non-stop snacks and a potential to make a difference.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line 'Internship Candidate'. In your cover letter, please specify the exact dates you would be available and indicate your top three preferences for programmes. Include why this content attracts you and what you can potentially contribute.
4. Morning Run Business Interns
The Morning Run, our flagship business show, is looking for a few good men and women with a head for business and an appetite for fun. For new grads, we offer significant training in business journalism for up to six months.
- You will assist the producers and presenters in providing the up-to-the-minute analysis and research required for a business news programme.
- A minimum three month commitment.
- Ability to work early.
- All economics, accounting, business, Law, Human Sciences, Politics, Actuarial Science or Maths students and recent grads welcome to apply.
- Research and analytical skills a must.
- Three references required.
- Teamwork orientation is key.
- An understanding of business terminology is helpful when reading analyst and market reports.
Interested and qualified candidates can send their CV to email@example.com with the words 'Morning Run Intern Candidate' in the Subject line.